header-photo

WANT TO COME OUT OF DEBT? MAKE SOME CHANGES.

Just got home from THURSDAY NIGHT WORSHIP (TNW). We started with the COMING OUT series tonight with the topic on DEBT. Bro. Raymund Ladao preached a wonderful and insightful message about our battle with debt.

With all that was said, there's one thing that stuck in my mind. He mentioned that one of the reasons we have debt because of our lifestyle. We live beyond our means. All of us should take a closer look at ourselves and ask, "Do we really live beyond our means?"

In this world of cellphones, designer clothes, cars and other things that makes us envious, we are pressure to either obtain what we don't need or purchase what we can't pay.

Once, I was watching this movie. Her daughter asked his old dad if he was OK with his finances. His dad said, "Earn more. Desire less." He's right. If we desire more things that we don't really need or way beyond our means, then our spending money increases. I'm not saying that we shouldn't want things. I know all of us want things even me. If you ask me now what I want, I'd tell you that I want a mac (hint. hint.) and I will be able to use it in ministry extensively. But can I afford it? Uhm... no. There are things that needed to be paid for right now. Maybe someday I'll be able to own one. But I'm not going to force myself simply because I cannot afford it.

Getting out of debt is a step-by-step process. I know all of us want out. But we need to take the first step. For some, it might be a bitter pill to swallow especially if there will be changes in lifestyle. Remember, the adjustments are there because you want to be FREE OF DEBT. Maybe I'll tackle this in future blogs.

For now, I have to go. I'm actually typing this blog with a headache and it's getting worse. It's a good thing I can type fast.

It's a big day tomorrow. Rafa's birthday celebration in his school. We'll be sure to post the pictures.

Catch you guys later.

0 comments:

Post a Comment