header-photo

2008 WAS A YEAR OF PREPARATION AND REVELATION

As I look back at my 2008, I see many things. Good and the not-so-good.

In 2008, my son graduated from Primary level with high grades and a Third Honorable mention in his graduating class (with a BIG MEDAL to prove it). The year was the year we moved in our new spacious home. I got to visit different churches and got to speak to different places, companies and educational institutions. Blessings were bestowed on my wife in her career and ministry.

But what I remember most about 2008 was that it was a year when God took me, molded me and refined me. I will be honest. It was a really challenging year.Painful. Frustrating. Heart-breaking.

Everything I held dear and everything I worked hard for were taken away. Those I longed and dreamed for were dangled in front of me. Then just like a kid who was dangled with a lollipop in front of him, the 'promises' were swept away. Sadly, these were done by people who were older and supposedly more mature than me. Again, my heart was crushed.

This year revealed who the real people are in my life. It was a year when I was betrayed and was left alone. Yes. I went through betrayal this year. After the smoke cleared, everyone was gone.Yes. I had something to do with it but not as much as the real culprit. I was left alone to shoulder the blame.

2008 was a test of my calling. Should I stay or should I go? Turning your back away is easy. Quitting is a piece of cake. But the calling proved weightier than any ill feelings. I stayed because God spoke to me. I renewed my calling.

Yet through all of these, God made me a better person. He sharpened my character. I saw my flaws and mistakes and made amends with my creator. I humbly accepted my punishment and mended my ways. I learned. I fell and got up. I listened to sound wisdom. God used the circumstances to bring healing and hope. He showed me who were the one who really cared for me.

A few months ago, a brother-in-Christ once told me that the old Rodney is dead and the new Rodney has risen. Have I been "born-again" once again? Perhaps I have.

I write this because I know there are countless others like me who have experienced their own personal hell in the previous year or in the start of the year. Let me encourage you to hold on and keep moving forward. "Cry if you must but don't you quit" as the old poem goes. We are all like athletes in the Olympics called LIFE. We are all training for various competitions. Not necessarily against others but more with ourselves. We are the biggest hindrance that keep us away from success. But if we overcome our egos, our petty complaints and our unwillingness to be shaped by God, we will be VICTORIOUS. I have learned much this previous year. If there is anyone who benefited from all these challenges, it was me. Though I did not see it this way when I was in the trials, I see it now in hindsight.

As in my previous blog, I thank those who helped me this year in any way, shape or form. Every word there is from the heart. THANK YOU.

So what does 2009 have in store for me? I believe there will be more trials. Yet I know he used the previous year to prepare me for this year. Confident? I am. Arrogant? No. Ready? YES I AM.


THE BEST IS YET TO COME!

0 comments:

Post a Comment