header-photo

FIGHT FOR YOUR PURPOSE - THE FINAL ROUND

A few months ago, I started a sermon that became a series. It was entitled "FIGHT FOR YOUR PURPOSE." It was based on the story of Nehemiah (in the book of Nehemiah of course). Then, the sermon became as series as there was a round 2 (Just like in boxing. Get it? Round 2?). Today, I get to finish it.

It's been a long few weeks that I wasn't able to preach. I spent five weeks with the KIDZONE CHURCH every Sunday. Now, I'm back at the 8AM service and I got to preach.

FIGHT FOR YOUR PURPOSE is a personal and inspiring message that I'm happy to preach. It was encouraging, insightful and challenging. The sermon was a wake up call because the Bible mentioned there that WE SHOULD FIGHT (FOR YOUR WIVES AND CHILDREN etc). Normally, Christian teachings will say that, when opposed, we should turn the other cheek. We are taught to be patient to our enemies. However, at this instance, we are told to fight.

I believe Christians are peacemakers. We should be patient and be good. However, when we are pushed to a corner and we are challenged, then we need to fight. We need to fight when our faith is ridiculed or our morals are put to a test. We need to fight when the good is overpowered by evil. We need to fight when your life is at stake.

Yes fellow Christians. There is a time for everything (just like in Ecclesiastes 3). We will be patient. We will turn the other cheek. We will be kind. But when it is time, WE FIGHT.

I pray that you continue to fight the challenges in your life. We were never meant to be cheerleaders. We are warriors in God's army. So take your sword and your shied. We're going to FIGHT!

Until then, God bless.

0 comments:

Post a Comment