header-photo

KIDZONE CHURCH LIVE 2008 BETTER THAN 2007

This year's KIDZONE CHURCH LIVE! 2008 at the PICC Forum Tent was so much better than last year.

The event held last 2007 was our very first major event done in a major venue - The Philippine International Convention Center. We had about 1,000 kids and about four hours of activities that just totally brought the energy levels of all KZC coaches to its minimum. There were plenty of things we did that we should not have done and we were willing to learn from these mistakes.

This year, we came back with more wisdom.

We changed the placement of the stage and had the chairs surround it just like a concert theater. Instead of having four hours of programs, we just alloted a two-hour worship service for kids complete with praise and worship songs. The coaches added bonus stuff like action songs, puppets and the mime. It was so cool watching the coaches do their stuff.

As for me, I was given about 30 minutes to teach a lesson. This year's lesson was entitled "BEING THE BEST IN LIFE." It was a big challenge because I had to teach 800 kids in 30 minutes or so. A normal 5 year old has an average two to three minute attention span. So you could just imagine what I was about to encounter. Good thing God gave me wisdom.

The sermon was based on the hit Pixar movie "CARS" (which is one of my favorite films). I talked to the kids about Lightning McQueen and how he transformed from being a rookie without heart to a real racecar with heart. During a crossroad in his life, he meets new friends that teach him different values. In between principles that I taught, I included video snipplets that got the kids glued. And, YES, they were glued.

I was able to receive very positive feedback about the teaching from the kid's themselves. I was told they really learned a lot. Now, coming from these kids, they are not just honest but it does mean they got the point. Praise God!

This would be my second time to preach in a major venue. Not everyone get the opportunity and I am blessed to be given such.

The kids had snacks with the help of Universal Robina Corporation - makers of different snack foods. Thanks URC!

Will there be another KIDZONE CHURCH LIVE next year? We don't know. But I am proud of the KIDZONE CHURCH Coaches and staff and all those who helped out to make KIDZONE CHURCH LIVE! 2008 a God-glorifying event.

Until then, God bless.

0 comments:

Post a Comment