header-photo

MY PASSION AS A DAD

Was at the office at 7AM due to number coding scheme. I think I told you guys about that last week. So Rafa was very early for school and I was yawning all morning. A little cup of chocolate did the trick.

Rafa had to stay with me the whole day since I cannot bring him home. One thing about this set-up is that I get to really focus on his lessons. I'm the personal tutor of my son. I make sure his homework is done and his lessons are studied. Folks. When he grows up (and do they grow up fast), they'll do things on their own. He won't be needing me as much. That's why I try to spend as much time with him as I can.

As a pastor, one would really prioritize the church. But to be honest with you, my number one priority is to be a husband and father. If I cannot become a great husband to my wife and a wonderful father to my son, then how in the world will I be able to become a great pastor. I have been very vocal about this in the pulpit and in front of people. Being a father is my passion. I believe Rafa knows that as he has been telling me about his future plans (Believe me. He does.)

I only have one shot at my son's life. We can never bring back his childhood. While he's having this time, I will do everything in my power to make him ready for the future. I cannot be there for him physically at all times to protect him. That is why we need to prepare our children for the future.

I love my wife. I love my son. I love my God. I love my life.

Until then, God bless.

0 comments:

Post a Comment