header-photo

READING MY NEW BOOK

I'm reading a new book I bought entitled THE NEXT GENERATION LEADER by Andy Stanley.

It's a powerful book that opens the eyes of a lot of leaders and potential leaders. I've just read two chapters but I have been able to relate to what he says.

What stuck in my mind was what he said about the leader of the now and the leaders of the future.

In Leadership, SUCCESS is SUCCESSION. If someone coming along behind me is not able to take what I have offered and build on it, then I have failed in my responsibility to the next generation.


Isn't that a tragedy every organization faces? People who are in power do not prepare the next generation for future leadership. They think they will be in power in 400 years. Leaders need to prepare and pass on to the next generation the things they need to know and watch out for. The NOW leaders should not be afraid to let go of the position and give others the chance to lead.

It's very sad that some leaders today are selfish. Instead of mentoring the young leaders, they either let them astray or hold them back. And when the new generation leaders supersede their predecessors, they are labeled REBELLIOUS.

More to read. More to share to you all later.

Until then, God bless.

0 comments:

Post a Comment