header-photo

I WAS AT THE NICKELODEON WEEKEND CARNIVAL


It was 3pm as we went to The Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City to attend the NICKELODEON WEEKEND CARNIVAL. They have been promoting the event for weeks at Nickelodeon. It looked exciting. Besides, it's FREE. My sons and I were pumped to go. I mean you don't get to attend a Nickelodeon event. So why not. Besides, it's FREE.

Parking was good. There were designated areas for parking which was highly appreciated. It's good that the organizers thought of the importance of allotting parking spaces for its guests.

We got there and there were some people there already. Not much activity was happening. As we entered the place, we were given some stubs with numbers for the raffle and some goody bags (which contained toys and products from the sponsors). Not bad.

Inside the grounds, tents were set up each with a certain activity. They had different characters representing a related event. Spongebob had a water-themed activity (duh). The kids had to "fish" the star fish with a fish pole strapped on a helmet. The end of the line was a magnet. Those who get the star fish get a little sticker. Of course, not all the star fish were "fishable." Some were made of wood so the magnet couldn't stick. My son and his tita got the star fish and some tokens.

After a few hours, the grounds were filled with people. I saw some familiar faces. Some were from the church I pastor. I saw these kids were just so excited to be there. As for the parents, I applaud them for braving the sun and the humidity. Good job parents. What we do for our kids is truly extraordinary.

As for me, I did enjoy despite the setbacks. If you see my photo here, I got my hair glazed with silver spray. I looked like DANNY PHANTOM for a day. Actually, adults were not allowed to have their hair sprayed. But I somehow got the nod from the in-charge.

I saw Spongebob Squarepants, Patrick Star and Danny Phantom (mascots). I was hoping I could get a picture with them for the website. Unfortunately, it only took about 2 minutes. I was hoping they could go around and say HI to everyone. But I guess they wouldn't want an incident that Spongebob gets squashed by 1000 kids. Now that would be something to talk about.

There were long lines as expected. But it didn't matter to the kids. They were just having a ball.

We were there for about four hours and the people just kept coming in.

All in all, I was great being in an event like this. When you have an event like this in your town, come and give the kid inside you a chance to get out. I didn't have second thoughts getting silver hair even though I am a pastor. I mean, you'd think that you'll be conscious about it, right? I guess it's just me. The kid inside me still lives.

Watch the video report.



Folks! I need to hear from you. Post a comment here. Let's have a conversation.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the hair, Pastor Rodney! :)

Post a Comment