header-photo

FINALLY, I GOT TO DANCE AGAIN

I was invited to attend a unique Sunday night experience - the SPIRIT GOSPEL HOUSE Party at Warehouse 153 (Yakal st. Makati city). I heard about it a few times and I was very curious. Could it be? A house party with house music that is ....Christian? Perish the though! Christian House music? Christians dancing to Christian house music? Could this be true? Yes. It is true.

Aida, Rafa, Odette and myself went to satisfy our curiousity. Was it possible to have clean Christian fun in a club setting? We were quite early. But we got to meet some fine people such as DJ Benjo, Ptr. Manu (who was a batchmate in the youth ministry), Laica Marquez, Ron and Joyce Titular and other individuals. I didn't really know what to expect but I was open for the experience.

Then, the music started rocking. The lights flashed around as the house music rocked the place. It was a party atmosphere. There was something different with the lyrics. Typically, house music contained either random phrases or words about love and life. But this one was very different. It spoke of God. It spoke of Jesus. It was house music about Jesus. I couldn't believe my ears. I was filled with excitement. Imagine!

So I was on the dance floor with my wife and my son who was dancing the night away. He was just enjoying himself. He even asked me if he could celebrate his birthday there. Just proves he was just enjoying the night.

As for me, I danced. Yes! I DANCED! Dancing has been a passion for me. Unfortunately, when I became a pastor, I was put into a stereotype. Pastors preach. They don't sing. They don't dance. Well, whoever said pastors don't dance? So I did. I danced with my wife. I danced with my son. I dance with God's music. And it felts good! Really good. I haven't dance liked that for...wait for it... SIX YEARS! Has it been that long?  Oh yeah!

I am hoping to join the next Spirit House Party in December. Hope you join me too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment