header-photo

RODNEY G. AT GARY V LIVE AT 25

When I heard that Gary Valenciano will stage his 25th anniversary concert on November 14 and 15, I just had to be there. I wanted to buy my tickets. Due to some schedules I needed to attend to, I lost track of time. When I checked the ticket offices, they were all SOLD OUT. Man. I was sad. I really did want to go. I wanted to go to the last night of the concert (November 15 - Saturday). I tried in vain and asked around if anyone had a spare ticket or knew anyone who can sell me a ticket. Alas, no success.

Saturday morning came. I post my status on my FACEBOOK account - "Rodney is SAD he cannot go to the GARY V. Concert." Then, my friend Joyce Titular of EDGE RADIO was online. I asked her if she can hook me up with some tickets for the Gary V. event. She said that the station had given away tickets for the concert and they're all out. But maybe if I check with Joel (one of the radio station volunteers) if there's a spare.

Then, just when you thought miracles don't happen, it hits you on the face. There was ONE TICKET left. They asked me if I'd like to have it. I said, "YES!" Just like that, God gave me favor. I was on my way to watch the GARY V. concert.

I met Joel to claim the ticket. Cool guy. Unfortunately, we weren't sitting together. I was in another part of the venue. But I didn't expect that the place I'll be sitting on was at the dead center view of the venue. It was like being in front of your own living room watching the event. I said, "Lord, I don't know if I deserve such a treat. But Thank you!"

For four hours, I was treated to music coming from a man that I have looked up to as a brother in the faith. Yes. He has had his struggles. Who hasn't? But I admire his determination to be the best that God wants him to be.

I personally would like to thank my friends Ron and Joyce Titular of EDGE RADIO for giving me a chance to watch the concert. Thanks for all the help, guys! It really means a lot to me. To Joel for being patient in all my text messages and for waiting for me. To the Lord, thanks for making me smile that day. Love you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment